Individuals interested in Contract Tracer Jobs can now apply online with the Illinois Department of Public Health. Contact Tracer positions will depend on the needs of the local public health authorities. All hires will be made locally and salaries will be determined by local health departments in accordance with salary rates in the region.
Contact Tracers will be trained in the basics of the COVID-19 virus, epidemiology, case investigation, and contact tracing. The primary goal of contact tracing is to interrupt the ongoing transmission of a disease and reduce the spread of infection. Contact Tracers will perform the following tasks:
- Notify those who have been identified as COVID-19 contacts
- Communicate quarantine requirements and check in daily during this period to monitor developing symptoms
- Connect COVID-19 contacts to a Case Investigator and support services as needed
Required skills and attributes for Contract Tracer positions include:
- Good customer service
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- The ability to work flexibly in a changing environment
- An understanding of cultural competencies when working with diverse communities
- Being comfortable using a computer, internet, and other applications
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and complete HIPAA training requirement
To indicate your interest in applying for a position, complete the IDPH Contact Tracing Interest Form. Please note: IDPH forward names and resumes for Contract Tracer positions to local health departments.