Do not work if you are sick
According to IDPH, you should not report to work if you are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), including fever (100.4° or above), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chest tightness, extreme fatigue, loss of sense of taste or smell, diarrhea, muscle aches, or headaches.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, stay home and call your doctor.
Practice Social Distancing
Your employer must comply, to the greatest extent feasible, with social distancing requirements. This means that your employer should:
- Make sure that you can maintain at least 6 feet of physical separation between yourself and others around you, including your co-workers and customers.
- Mark with signage or tape 6-foot spacing for employees and customers to maintain appropriate distance from one another.
- Provide face coverings to employees, especially when it is not possible to maintain at least 6 feet of space between you and another person.
- Provide handwashing stations with soap, clean water, and single use paper towels and encourage frequent handwashing for 20 seconds or longer.
- Provide hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) and sanitizing products for employees and customers.
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces including doorknobs, light switches, shared equipment, toilet handles, sink faucets, and clock in/out areas.
If you have concerns that your employer is not allowing for safe social distancing or that it is not maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment to minimize the risk of spread of COVID-19, please contact the Workplace Rights Bureau of the Illinois Attorney General’s Office at 844-740-5076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that two or more employees at your workplace have COVID-19, please notify your local public health department.
Businesses are prohibited from retaliating against an employee for disclosing information when the employee has reasonable cause to believe that the information discloses a violation of a state or federal law, rule, or regulation.
For more information about COVID-19, including ways to protect yourself and others, visit the Illinois Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 website: https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.